He IS the walrus, after all. (And you’re welcome for that earworm.)
She looked perfectly into the camera
#Ferguson #Mike Brown
Marvel by Moebius.
GOP ALERT: Make sure your employees work late and miss National Voter Registration Day, unless you want to be forced to pay them a livable wage.
All joking aside, if you don’t want all the asshole politicians we feature here to get reelected, register and vote them out of office.
Back in April we featured the Peoria Mayor after he ordered the police to raid someone’s home for mocking him on Twitter:
And now a judge says that was OK. Read more here.
It’s Mama swan protecting her baby! She doesn’t know the guy is just trying to help.. but then she’s like “Oh.. my bad. Thanks!!”
This is so heartwarming
He’s pretty lucky she wasn’t freaking out more, swans can be super nasty when they want to be!
Musekicker and I checked out this guys youtube and I love him. He cares so much about animals.
Comic strip artists from the 40’s draw their characters while blindfolded
"The largest known snake to have ever existed, Titanoboa cerrejonensis in the Paleocene rainforest. Also featuring a bothremydid turtle Puentemys mushaisaensis with the 1,5 m shell. Both were found from the Cerrejón coal mine, Colombia.”
There are a LOT of really great scenes in How to Train Your Dragon 2 but this is the one that had the most impact on me and FOR GOOD REASON:
- It’s such a sweet and genuine song first of all.
- It’s sung, at first, by this HUGE masculine viking who spent the better part of the first movie being super cold and distant, leaving his emotions at bay. Now he’s allowing himself to open up and express his feelings and that’s totally okay woah!!
- Along with that his movements around Valka are slow and gentle, allowing her to either reciprocate or walk away. He never grabs her or tries to shove her right back into their relationship. He’s aware of how much time has passed, of her guilt, so homie’s playin it cool.
- But yeah, ultimately SHE’S the one who agrees to the dance and picks up the pace and it’s SO GOOD to see both figures treating each other with so much love and respect.
- Even better is that both parties are ADULTS, the mom and dad figures of the film series. Adults get written out or ignored so often in children’s movies, either by being dead throughout the entirety of the series OR by only showing up at key moments. Both Valka and Stoic are essential to the film, as is their relationship and Valka’s reason for leaving.
- Did I mention how sweet and genuine the song is? Damn near every romance song in a kid’s film is built up to some schmalty love anthem but HTTYD2 takes a quieter, more human approach.
This isn’t even touching on the little details Dreamworks’ adds to their facial expressions and their movements and gosh everything here works so wonderfully please watch How to Train Your Dragon 2